- Kosher Salt
- 4 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted (slivered almonds would also work)
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- One 15 ½ ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the basil and blanch until bright green and wilted, about a minute. Cool in an ice bath, drain, and wring very dry.
- Place the basil, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, and a large pinch of salt in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse to make a chunky pasta.
- With the processor running, add the oil in a steady stream to make a thick sauce.
- Add the beans, and process to make a smooth bright green puree. Sprinkle in the grated cheese, and pulse to incorporate.
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe Adapted from Felidia: Recipes from My Flagship Restaurant (By Lidia Bastianich, Fortunato Nicotra, Tanya Bastianich Manuali; Alfred A. Knopf, 2019)